Re: cp JLink.jar $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37078] Re: [mg37057] cp JLink.jar $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext?
- From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at wolfram.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:17:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
At 04:26 AM 10/7/02, Steven wrote: >Are there any known issues with simpy treating the JLink.jar as a Java >extension as follows? >cp JLink.jar $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext? > >According to my understanding of the discussion in the Java Tutorial on >extensions, that should work: >http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ext/basics/install.html > >Commants? You should not do this. Code from the jre/lib/ext directory is trusted, so this poses a security risk from malicious applets. Leave JLink.jar where it lives in the JLink directory. If you want it to be available to all Java programs on your system, add its location to your CLASSPATH environment variable (this is not a security risk, as remote applets cannot load classes from CLASSPATH). Todd Gayley Wolfram Research