Replace variable in a function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37193] Replace variable in a function
- From: lcfg3 at yahoo.com (Luis Flórez)
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:25:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I´m new, so I´m sorry if the question is so easy, I really think that is easy, but I don´t know how to do it. I have this: b=n-m a=x-b Y=3a + 4a^2 and the program show me this: 3(x-n+m) + 4(x-n+m)^2 or, something like that, the problem is that I want the program show me Y in function of b, or sometimes in function of a, something like this: Y=3(x-b) + 4(x-b)^2 or Y=3a + 4a^2 Thanks.