Checking the Results of NDSolve
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37243] Checking the Results of NDSolve
- From: steger at uni-greifswald.de (Thomas Steger)
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I use NDSolve to approximate a 6-dimensional and highly non-linear dynamic system numerically. QUESTION: What are usual (and simple) techniques to check the reliability of the resulting numerical solution? So far I tried to use another solution algorithm by switching the Option "Method" from "Method->Automatic" to "Method->RungeKutta". Apart from numerical differences, the solution qualitatively remained unaffected (I am mainly interested in the qualitative characteristics of the solution). I would be grateful for any hint!