Re: Pascal's Triangle

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg37356] Re: Pascal's Triangle
  • From: "Borut L" <gollum at>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I should thank you for this pleasent mind excercise, though not tough, it
was just basic geometry.

(* first create a basic object, a colored triangle with text inscribed, note
that the height of the triangle is a unit *)

      x0=(i-.5 j)2/Sqrt[3],y0=-j,a=2/Sqrt[3]
      Polygon[{{x0,y0},{x0-.5 a,y0-1},{x0+.5 a,y0-1}}],

(* the following command will show the agglomerate, note that it doesn't
draw each of the triangles having no text, instead it draws a big triagle as
a background and puts the numbered ones onto it *)

(1.3 sec on my P2-350, how's your timming?)

p.s. : According to S. Wolfram and his new kind of science, the solution to
your problem is just a simple program. He ilustrates this in 2nd Chapter. It
may be worthy to take a peak.

news:ap86hf$554$1 at