Re: How to ...?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36346] Re: How to ...?
- From: Tom Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, On 8/30/02 10:26 PM, in article akpka7$s34$1 at smc.vnet.net, "Paskoski" <berlusconi_pagliusi at fis.unical.it> wrote: > I'd like to use Mathematica 4.0 to write a function having different > expressions in different domain's intervals. > Let's say: > > F[x_]= x^2 if 0<x<6 > x+1 if x>=6 > > I know It's a stupid syntax problem, but I really do not know how/where to > search the solution on the Mathematica Book > > Thank you in advance, Several choices exist. An advantage of the following choice, F[x_] := If[ x<6, x^2, x+1 ] is that Mathematica can integrate and different this form analytically. Tom Burton