Re: Null

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36347] Re: Null
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:09:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"Sergio Milo" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
>        Dear Math Group.
>        Anybody can explain me what this it means.
>        Out[22]=\!\(Null\^49\)

It seems that Mathematica has produced 49 times in a row a Null result and
interpreted it as a variable in a multiplication.
As far as I know Mathematica shouldn't compute the powers of Null, though.
And most importantly, it should not output a Null, at least in standard

Could it be that you inadvertently redefined Null, after unprotecting it?
(yes I know, it woldn't be much of an inadvertent behaviour...)
Does this happen in a fresh new Mathematica session?

peltio at despammed dot com
antispam address in reply-to