Input variable names into Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36341] Input variable names into Mathematica
- From: dresserc at gouldacademy.org (Charles H. Dresser)
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:08:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I work for Gould Academy and am trying to make it really easy for the
students to analyse data from there science classes. I wrote some
scripts which I thought did that really well. But, the science
teachers said it was too hard. So, I have been making it so that Input
boxes prompt the students for the filename type, regression type, etc.
I now have been thinking that it would be great if there could be an
Input box which asks the student what they want to name there graph,
function, data, and have them simply call that variable when they want
to use the graph, function, data. this is Instead of typing
VariableName = FilePlot which the science teachers think is forcing
the students to become mathematica programmers.
Thanks for your help,
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: How to ...?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: L2 inner product. Integrate and Conjugate?