Re: non zero result after multiplying with zero.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36432] Re: non zero result after multiplying with zero.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Unprotect[Times] Times[0., __] := 0 Protect[Times] Regards Jens Raj wrote: > > Hi everybody, > > When I multiply an expression with 0 it is giving 0.expression which > is creating problem in the further calculation. > > eg. > > In:=func1[r_]:=Exp[-r/2] > In:coeff[[1,1]]=0.0; > ; > ; > In:=func1[r]coeff[[1,1]] > > Out:=0.Exp[-r/2] > > I want anything to be multiply by zero must be zero. > > How can I do that? > Your suggestion will be highly appreciated. > > Thanks in advance, > > Raj