Re: word processing with mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36437] Re: word processing with mathematica
- From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Kenny, Sympathy but no solution. I too have been trying to use Mathematica (v4.2 most recently) to type maths papers and the like but I'm not ready to ditch LaTeX yet. There are just too many cases where I cannot figure out how to achieve what I want in Mathematica, things like: - left brackets spanning multiple lines for defining hybrid functions; - vertical alignment of equals signs in multi-line equations or derivations; - setting typefaces in tables of material. I figure most of this is do-able, but I don't have the time, or patience, to spend too much time on it. So, I'll be the first customer when you write the guide to math publishing in Mathematica - I just hope you won't have to use LaTeX to write it. Regards Mark Westwood kenny wrote: > > I would like to use mathematica type papers for my math courses, but > I'm having trouble formatting documents. Despite searching, I've been > unable to find a complete guide to word processing with mathematica. > Does anyone know where such a document could be found?