2 gifs side by side -- with hyperlinks
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36469] 2 gifs side by side -- with hyperlinks
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 03:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
(1) Is there a way in Mathematica 4.2 to put two separate gifs into a
single, cell side by side (with some intervening space), without
having to combine them in some graphics program first?
In particular, I'd like to do that within a text cell.
Even in a new Input cell, if I first create a GridBox (via Inut>Create
Table/Matrix/Palette) and then try to insert the first gif (via
Edit>Insert Object>Create from File ....), Mathematica promptly
crashes. (Mathematica 4.2 under Windows 2000.)
I just don't see how to get anything other than a single gif into a
(2) Is there a way to cause a gif imported into a Mathematica 4.2
notebook to become a hyperlink -- so that when the user clicks on the
gif the hyperlink's target is summoned?
(My aim in all this is to use Mathematica to create web pages with
high mathematical content -- saving the notebook as HTML+MathML --
without having to do any extensive editing of the resulting .xml and
related files. That way as the source Mathematica notebook changes, I
would need only to re-export without further tinkering with the .xml
Murray Eisenberg Internet: murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Voice: 413-545-2859 (W)
University of Massachusetts 413-549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01003 Fax: 413-545-1801
Prev by Date:
Why is my Implementation of Sorted Trees So Slow?
Next by Date:
RE: Generating Two Unit Orthogonal Vectors
Previous by thread:
Re: RE: Re: Why is my Implementation of Sorted Trees So Slow?
Next by thread:
Re: 2 gifs side by side -- with hyperlinks