Export vs. Put; Import vs. Get
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36522] Export vs. Put; Import vs. Get
- From: Mike <mikeh1980 at optusnet.com.au>
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:27:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm curious about the different efficiencies of Export vs. Put; Import vs.
Eg. Saving a list called "c" with approx. 16,000 elements, each element
being a three element list of reals.
Export["ac.dat",c] takes forever and consumes heaps of kernel memory
c>>ac.dat all done in an instant (relatively speaking) and without the
transient burst of kernel memory usage.
Ditto Import and Get. Can anyone explain this?
Prev by Date:
Re: How can I plot with Mathematica two function in the same graphic?
Next by Date:
Re: Plotting with logarithmic scale?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Export vs. Put; Import vs. Get