Re: Re: Re: A symbol for Floor
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36615] Re: [mg36575] Re: [mg36553] Re: A symbol for Floor
- From: Jack Goldberg <jackgold at umich.edu>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
First a thank you to all those who pointed out to me (and others
apparently) about the various ways to input the symbolic form of Floor.
On a larger note, it surprises me that no one has yet published a book on
how to use Mathematica to write a technical document. The number of questions
that appear on this board concerning the details of "how to do it"
suggests the need for such documentation. I'm speculating when I say that
many users give up in frustration and go back to (or learn) Latex. At
least there are bookcases full of "learning Latex". I myself have 5!
I don't mean this to sound like a rant, but using Mathematica to publish a
document is, for most of us, not worth the effort.
Prev by Date:
Re: ByteCount for Global symbols
Next by Date:
Postponing loading of Package
Previous by thread:
RE: Re: A symbol for Floor
Next by thread:
Coloured lines in graphics but black in print