Re: JLINK and Outputting a Plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36609] Re: [mg36596] JLINK and Outputting a Plot
  • From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:33:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

At 12:14 AM 9/13/02, Blimbaum Jerry DLPC wrote:
>I have written the following in a JLink program:
>then I perform an analysis of some data with output of this form....
>plot = DisplayTogether[ListPlot[],ListPlot[].etc...];
>Unfortunately, at this point I dont know how to associate   'plot' with
>drawArea   so that
>draw.Area@RepaintNow[];   repaints the math screen to show the plots I've
>I've tried draw.Area@update[plot]   and draw.Area@setImage[plot]   but these
>dont to fix?.........thanks.....

You use the MathCanvas.setMathCommand() method to specify the Mathematica
command that is used to generate the image to display:

You will find a very simple example of this in section of the
J/Link User Guide (in the Help Browser hierarchy, this is found at
JLink/Part 1. Installable Java/Drawing and Displaying Images in Java
Windows/Showing Graphics and Typeset Expressions).

You do not need to use the repaintNow() method unless you are updating the
image continuously in response to a user action, like dragging a slider.

Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research