RE: Could someone verify a long Pi calculation in Version 4 for me?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36735] RE: [mg36723] Could someone verify a long Pi calculation in Version 4 for me?
- From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:22:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
You might want to look up the Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe Pi algorithm, if you're not already using it. It can get base-16 digits, far to the right of the decimal point, without computing the ones in between. I haven't figured out how that helps us much with base-10 digits, but... check it out. Bobby Treat -----Original Message----- From: zeno [mailto:zeno1234 at mindspring.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg36735] [mg36723] Could someone verify a long Pi calculation in Version 4 for me? Could someone calculate the number Pi to 67,108,864 (2^26) decimal places for me in Version 4 and post here or email me the last 20 digits or so. I would do it but I only have Version 3 and it would take way to long.. I made the calculation in another program and would like to verify its results. Thanks so much...