Re: Real Time Animation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36816] Re: [mg36796] Real Time Animation
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 04:15:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

At 03:56 AM 9/26/2002, Goyder Dr HGD wrote:
>In a presentation I wish to use Plot to generate a sequence of frames and
>then animate them. The problem is that the audience sees the animation
>twice. Once when the frames are being generated and then again after I have
>closed the group and double clicked on the top graphic. However, the first
>showing during generation is enough (but uncontrolled).
>Hugh Goyder

This creates a graphics cell from a graphics expression.

GraphicCell[graphics_] :=
   Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript", DisplayString[graphics]],"Graphics"]

This writes a closed cellgroup of graphics cells and then animates the

Block[{$DisplayFunction=Identity, graphs},
   graphs =
         Plot[Sin[t]*Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}, PlotRange -> {{0, Pi}, {-1, 1}},
           ImageSize -> 400]], {t,0,15,.1}];
   SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell];
   FrontEndExecute[{FrontEndToken[EvaluationNotebook[], "SelectionAnimate"]}]

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"

Spend less time searching and more time finding.