Mathematica 3.02 on debian2.2: The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40341] Mathematica 3.02 on debian2.2: The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system
  • From: Jan Krupa <krupa at alpha.sggw.waw.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 04:35:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I used Mathematica 3.02 under Linux debian2.0 and it worked well. Now I
tried
to use it under Linux debian2.2  (and plan debian3.0) and after typing
in xterm (icewm) $mathematica
I got the following message:

*Startup Error:
*The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system.
*Without these fonts, typeset mathematical expressions cannot be
displayed
*properly.
*
*Exit
Continue

next I choose Continue and got the following:

Warning: Cannot convert string "True " to type Boolean
assertion `GenericUnicodeFont != ((void *)0)' at MathEditFont.c:43
failed
[...]

Eventually Mathematica start up and seems to work well
but the warnings suggest something is wrong.

I was thinking about writing to wolfram technical  support but
first I'll try to get help on this forum.

Does anybody have any idea how to install properly
(may be some extra) fonts?

Jan