Re: working with raw images

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40365] Re: working with raw images
  • From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:41:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Victor

The function Import returns a graphics object - which includes the RGB
(or other colour function) coordinates of each pixel.  A little
experimentation will show you how to extract the numbers from the rest
of the graphics info.  I suggest that you start with very small images
until you are confident in handling the raw data.

I imagine you could then export the data to an Excel spreadsheet but I
cannot for the life of me understand why, having imported it into
Mathematica in the first place, you would want to do so.

Hope this helps with the first step at least

Regards
Mark Westwood