Re: Scientific drawing tools?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40750] Re: Scientific drawing tools?
  • From: Raibatak Das <rd54 at cornell.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:35:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

w.

have you tried using adobe illustrator. i have used it for creating
scientific illustrations in the past with excellent results. also, if
you are on a linux platform try sodipodi.

hope this helps.
- r.

Dr. Wolfgang Hintze wrote:

>Is there a simple way to electronically produce a scientific drawing
>similar to what I can do on paper by hand in order to explain something,
>e.g. a geometrical situation?
>This question goes not only for mathematica but is more general. Most of
>the time I use the limited drawing capabilities of Microsoft Office.
>(Try to draw an arc and call it alpha).
>Or do I do it on paper, scan it and import it?
>
>Any hints welcome.
>Wolfgang

* /Raibatak Das / *
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University.
Ithaca, NY 14853.
Ph : 1-607-255-6141
email : rd54 at cornell.edu <mailto:rd54 at cornell.edu>