General::aofil-closing files after manual abort

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40860] General::aofil-closing files after manual abort
  • From: "Tom Hardy" <tomhardy at sdc.cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:46:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Searched around and couldn't find an answer. I have some long calculations
that write to files and also the display. If I see something is wrong do a
manual abort. However, if I try to rerun the program Mathematica leaves the
files open and get the subject error message. Played with catch on abort
etc. The only way I can get back and run the program is by exiting Mathematica and
restarting. Is there a way to have the program close the files on an abort?
Thanks.