another headache - log-log plot with error bars or separate plot markers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40899] another headache - log-log plot with error bars or separate plot markers
  • From: "Nathan Moore" <nmoore at physics.umn.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:19:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Again I'm befuddeled.  I'd like to make a loglogplot of several data sets
and differ the plots not based on color but rather by plot marker.  I see
that I can use,
    MultipleListPlot[data1,SymbolShape ->{PlotSymbol[Triangle]]
to make a plot of triangles (rather than dots) but there seems to be no way
to get the log style axes on the plot.

I'd like to make another plot with error bars.  I know that I can make a
normal list plot,
    MultipleListPlot[data]
where
    data = {{{x1,y1}, ErrorBar[dx1]} },{{x2,y2}, ErrorBar[dy2]},... }}
but I see no way to make this plot with the log-log style axes.

please enlighten me.

Nathan Moore
University of Minnesota