combine a list of lists with another list of lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40898] combine a list of lists with another list of lists
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello group

I have a bit of list operation problem.

let's say we have two lists, one list of lists of z values over time.
then another list of lists of x and y values over time

as follows for example,

{{z1, z2, z3}, {z4, z5, z6}, {z7, z8, z9}}

the number of the lists withing this list varies in actual problem

also condsider the following list of lists.

{{{x1, y1}, {x1, y2}, {x1, y3}},
 {{x2, y1}, {x2, y2}, {x2, y3}},
 {{x3, y1}, {x3, y2}, {x3, y3}}}

now i would like to generate a new list that is of the form {xn, yn,
zn} such that it can be plotted using ListPlot command

as..

{{{x1, y1, z1}, {x1, y2, z2}, {x1, y3, z3}},
 {{x2, y1, z4}, {x2, y2, z5}, {x2, y3, z6}},
 {{x3, y1, z7}, {x3, y2,z8}, {x3, y3,z9}}}

but it seems to me listplot3D will only plot if it's a single list of
lists of xyz values. not multiple lists of lists as i have defined
above.

how can I first generate a new list using the preexisting list of lists
as above and then plot them?

much appreciate any help and comments.

thanks again all.

sean from UCIrvine

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

insist on how this is the way THIS dead horse has always been ridden