RE: Where have all the axes gone?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40953] RE: [mg40917] Where have all the axes gone?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:05:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Pavel,

You need the AxesFront -> True option. And that option is in the FilledPlot
package. (I have always thought it should be a general Graphics option
because there are many places where it is useful in addition to filled
plots.)

Then, Plot will not accept AxesFront as an option so you have to use this
more difficult construction.

Needs["Graphics`FilledPlot`"]

Show[
    Plot[Exp[-2x^2], {x, -5, 5},
     PlotRange -> All,
     PlotStyle -> {RGBColor[1, 0, 0], Thickness[0.2]},
     DisplayFunction -> Identity],
    AxesFront -> True,
    DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

If you use the DrawGraphics package from my web site you can do it more
naturally.

Needs["DrawGraphics`DrawingMaster`"]

Draw2D[
    {Red, Thickness[0.2],