Re: Tick labels in Traditional Form

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41019] Re: [mg40966] Tick labels in Traditional Form
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:23:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 07:08 AM 4/25/2003, Gianluca Gorni wrote:

>The on-line help states that Tick label expressions are formatted
>in OutputForm.
>
>Is there a way to get TraditionalForm labels?
>
>              Gianluca Gorni

I believe the documentation is wrong on this count. The default format is
set by the FormatType option, which is $FormatType. If you're in a
standalone kernel, then $FormatType is OutputForm, but in a frontend it's
StandardForm.

So if you want to change the default for text in a graphic use
FormatType->TraditionalForm.

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com