combinatorica to make something of a flowchart...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42915] combinatorica to make something of a flowchart...
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 04:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello group.

I have a question...

using the combinatorica package, or any other packages for that matter,
is it possible to make a flowchart diagram of a network?

Maybe that needs a bit more explanations.

what I would like to do is make a diagram of different types of arrows
and vertices, with labels for both vertices and the arrows.

like.
       a--> b --> c --| d

       -
       e --> f

above diagram says.. a activates b activates c inhibits d
                     a inhibits e activates f

so the diagram has two type of arrows, one with arrow head and another
with flat head.

I don't have much experience in discrete math or graph theory, so I
thought I would ask the group for some starting tips before I spend a
month on it. (LOL)

thank you all so much in advance for any and all helpful comments.

sean from UCIrvine

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

write memoirs on the subject of riding a dead horse.