Re: Margins in DensityGraphics[] et al.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43033] Re: Margins in DensityGraphics[] et al.
  • From: Yves Klett <yk at despammed.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:57:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Roland Nilsson schrieb:
> Hi people,
>
> anybody know if there's a way to get DensityGraphics[] and related functions
> to draw its objects without any margins? I've tried various options, but I
> always get my density plots with a small whitespace-border, which changes
> with plot size in some (seemingly) unpredictable manner. I need to be able
> to get the exact positions on-screen of columns and rows in density plots,
> so this is a problem...

Hi Roland,

I had a similar problem because I wanted to export some graphics to
exactly scaled eps-files. The scaling was messed up because of the
margins. I finally succeeded by setting PlotRange to the range which is
spanned by the graphics (e.g. for a Line[{{0,0},{10,10}}] set
PlotRange->{{0,10},{0,10}}). This eliminates the whitespace border. I
have not tried this with a density plot but with Graphics primitives, so
it might not work for you.

Some kind of standard option to show and export without margin would be
a nice feature...

hope that helps,
Yves