package testers wanted

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42985] package testers wanted
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:53:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've put together a preliminary demo version of a package that will
accompany a soon-to-be-published calculus book, and I'd like to invite
anyone who's interested to try it out. (4.x and 5.0 users alike)

The package consists of 15 functions that generate animations, 13
functions that create special graphics, and 28 functions for basic
vector/multivariate analysis. Complete help-browser documentation is
included as well.

One of the graphics functions that I'm particularly pleased with is
SolidPlot. It plots all outer surfaces of a (not necessarily circular)
cylindrical solid from an inequality g[x,y] < z < f[x,y] and a
description of its "base," which may be given as the vertices of a
polygon or a close parametric curve.

The package can be downloaded here:

	http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/MmaCalcDemo.zip

A readme file that contains installation instructions, etc., is
included.

-----
Selwyn Hollis
http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis