Really need help on this Unicode thing . . .

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43058] Really need help on this Unicode thing . . .
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:46:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Guys, I really do need some help on this

    "Mathematica cannot open file UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr"

problem, and the mismapped "]" symbols that are resulting in all my
notebooks.

The file is there on my HD: there are *two* of them, in fact.  One of
them, 684K in size, is in System:FrontEnd:TextResources; the other one,
384K, is in the System:FrontEnd:TextResources:Macintosh folder (plus a
couple more with the same name in the Korean and Chinese TextResources
folders).  They open OK, I've resaved both of them, rebuilt the desktop,
replaced them from my installation disks, etc.

What's a ".tr" file, anyway?  What other file might be calling this file
(and have been damaged)? There's also a ".pdf" file with the same name;
do I need to rebuild something from it?