Re: solve errors...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43064] Re: [mg43046] solve errors...
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:46:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Dr Hollis.

Thanks again for the comments. :D

And if you don't mind me bothering you once again for some other
questions...

> Certainly. Although some may not be meaningful, depending on the
> application. For instance, you might want only nonnegative solutions,
> and you probably want only real ones.

1. How do I tell the mathematica to ignore the solutions that are not
real and  not positive?  isn't there a option for solve? I remember
something vaguely about some kinda options for solve that allow you to
do that... I can't remember the details or where I saw them..

2. i was going to ask this the other day, but the stopping test that
you used in reply to sabrina's question... where is that from?  can i
get some more information on that some place? It sounded like she
wanted to get the EC50 of some kinda enzyme. so if x[t] is at it's half
maximal, then it's called the EC50 for the ezyme noted as the x[t] in
enzymatics. ( lotta biologist are in this forum. that's so funny)

3. your DE package seems to cause soem errors in my Mathematica 4.0
<<DiffEqs`DEGraphics`
SetDelayed::"write": "Tag \!\(FilterOptions\) in \
\!\(FilterOptions[\(\(command_Symbol, options___\)\)]\) is Protected."
SetDelayed::"write": "Tag \!\(FilterOptions\) in \
\!\(FilterOptions[\(\(opts_List, options___\)\)]\) is Protected."

is this a Mathematica version specific thing?  can i still use it? even with
the errors shown?

thank you very much in advance.

sean

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

write memoirs on the subject of riding a dead horse.