Re: Locating errors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43099] Re: [mg43060] Locating errors
  • From: Sseziwa Mukasa <mukasa at jeol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 01:46 AM, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:

> I have had a hard time linking errors in Mathematica to actual code
> I've
> typed -- when I get something like:
>
> CompiledFunction::cfte: Compiled expression -2.42601 should be a rank 1
> tensor of machine-size real numbers.
>
> CompiledFunction::cfex: External evaluation error at instruction 18214;
> proceeding with uncompiled evaluation.
>
> Is there any way to get a workbook location, or even a direct "quote"
> of the
> line that is causing the problem?  Where is instruction 18214 -- is
> there
> any way to print that out?

I don't work with compiled code much, but the first message is the one
you should concentrate on, and you can solve it by working with the
actual Mathematica expression no the compiled code.  At some point you
have an expression that expects a tensor and you are giving it a real
number.  Without being able to see your code there isn't much more that
can be said, my guess is you have a problem with an argument to Dot
somewhere.  The second message is simply a consequence of the first.

Regards,

Ssezi