Re: Locating errors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43101] Re: Locating errors
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:43:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jonathan Greenburg wrote:

I have had a hard time linking errors in Mathematica to actual code I've
typed -- when I get something like:
CompiledFunction::cfte: Compiled expression -2.42601 should be a rank 1
tensor of machine-size real numbers.
CompiledFunction::cfex: External evaluation error at instruction 18214;
proceeding with uncompiled evaluation.
Is there any way to get a workbook location, or even a direct "quote" of the
line that is causing the problem? Where is instruction 18214 -- is there any
way to print that out?

There are some undocumented tricks to effectively use of Compile. Goto the
portion on Compile at
http://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/Tricks.html
and you will see many of these tricks explained.  At the same site you will
find a lot of other stuff about Mathematica explained.

-----
  Regards,
    Ted Ersek