Re: Mathematica 5.0: small change in fundamental behaviour.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43124] Re: Mathematica 5.0: small change in fundamental behaviour.
  • From: Bern <bgress at mail.DOTucr.DOT.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:49:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello again everyone,

Well, of course I was also very suprised by this behaviour, and a bit
more investigation led me to discover that no recursion error occurs on
my home machine, with Mathematica 4.2 (win2K) but the error does occur on my
work machine (win2K).  This is particulaly curious as both machines are
running the exact same installation of Mathematica!  But the recursion error
does occur on both machines in Mathematica 5.0.  My hypothesis is that I have
some different packages automatically loaded in one that aren't in the
other... but I haven't done any further investigation on this front.

The non-recursion error on my home machine occured for various varieties
of the construct, i.e.:
	x=Table[x_k,{k,3}]
	y=Table[y_k, {k,10}]
	z=Table[z_j,{j,5}]