Help! on vector field around equilibrium of nonlinear system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43261] Help! on vector field around equilibrium of nonlinear system
  • From: sabrina <mystery at newbie.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:08:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, all:
I am doing some nonlinear differential equations analysis. I tried to use
plotvectorfield to plot the vector field and also find the equilibrium of
this system. It seemed to me it is not so clear to show the vector field (
kind of jamed in my case :( ) so I decided to plot some lines and arrows
around the equilibrium so that it is easier for me to visualize if those
points are saddle points or stable points, etc. Any good ideas of how to
draw those lines and determine which direction the lines should point to?
Thanks

Sabrina