Embedding of a graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43263] Embedding of a graph
  • From: Oliver Friedrich <oliver.friedrich at tzm.de>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:08:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo,

I want to draw graphs representing electrical networks, edges are one-port
elements, the vertices are the nodes of the circuit.

Now I don't wnt to write a vertices list by hand. Is there an Embedding
which shows a given graph with the minimum number of edges crossing. If the
network is a planar graph this Embedding should draw my graph with no
crossing edges.

I haven't found an Embedding in the Combinatorica package which can do this
job. But I'm a newbie to graph theory, so maybe there is on with a strange
name that I don't associate with my problem.

A second thing: From a given network graph I want to find a complete tree
of the graph (to establish minimum mesh equations), how is that possible?

Thank you

Oliver