Re: Insert object - re-open file problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44859] Re: [mg44839] Insert object - re-open file problem
  • From: Chris Hill <chill at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:04:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 03:24 AM 12/3/2003, JM wrote:
>When I do an insert object with a visio diagram it works fine, but
>when I close the notebook having saved it first, and then re-open it
>seems to be gone yet there is a box the same size as the object there.
>
>How do I get the object to stay there?

Which version of Mathematica are you using?  Based on your description,
this appears to be an issue that was fixed in Mathematica 4.2.1 and later.

Depending on how you have inserted the Visio diagram object, you may be
able to force a save in the notebook by editing the object and then issuing
a Save or Update command from Visio (in Visio's File menu).

Chris Hill
Wolfram Research, Inc.