RE: Parametric 2d plot with both axes logarithmic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44861] RE: [mg44825] Parametric 2d plot with both axes logarithmic
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:04:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Torquil,

You could probably use LogScale from the Graphics`Graphics` standard package
as a Ticks or FrameTicks function. You could also try the DrawGraphics
package from my web site below. It has CustomTicks and CustomGridLines
functions that allow almost any kind of plotting scale and with more
control.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Torquil Macdonald S|rensen [mailto:t.m.sorensen at fys.uio.no]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

How can I make a parametric 2d plot with both axes logarithmic.

After using NDSolve on two coupled differential equations, I want to
plot the two solution functions against each other on a logarithmic plot.
I know that I can plot the logarithms of the solutions with
ParametricPlot, but then the axes are marked with the logarithms of
the functions, not the values of the functions themselves. I want the
values on the axes to be like when using LogPlot (0.1, 0.01, 0.001, ...)

Thanks,
Torquil Sorensen