Re: How to stop a kerne calculationl without stopping the frontend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44883] Re: How to stop a kerne calculationl without stopping the frontend
  • From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 05:31:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I frequently have this problem under WinXP as well. Alt+, and Alt+.
frequently do not stop iterations. The more badly I want to stop them,
the more difficult.

When keystrokes fail, I sometimes use the menus: Kernel>Interrupt
Evaluation or Kernel>Abort Evaluation. More often, that doesn't work
either, and I quit with Kernel>Quit Kernel.

But that fails often enough, too -- when the system is so busy the
Frontend menus don't respond.

It would be nice to see this problem fixed, and it really shouldn't be
THAT difficult.

Bobby