Re: question Mathematica 5 "Print to the same line"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44919] Re: [mg44703] question Mathematica 5 "Print to the same line"
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 03:32:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This can be done with a little bit of frontend programming:

i = 0;
CellPrint[
     Cell[ToString[i], "Print", CellTags -> "target"]
     ];
For[i = 1, i < 100, i++,
   NotebookFind[EvaluationNotebook[], "target", All, CellTags];
    NotebookWrite[EvaluationNotebook[],
     Cell[ToString[i], "Print", CellTags -> "target"]
     ]
   ]

At 04:13 AM 11/21/2003, Boender, Gert-Jan wrote:
>I have a question about printing the value of a variable in Mathematica.
>I use in the functions a wrote sometimes "Print" to visualize
>the status of the calculation. However, each time the Print comment is
>given the
>value of the variable is printed in the next line. This results in a
>inconvenient long list.
>Could I print to the same line,  that I can read immediately the recent
>status of the process from that line?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gert Jan Boender
>
>Dr. Ir. Gert Jan Boender
>Animal Sciences Group, Wageningen UR
>Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology
>PO Box 65
>8200 AB Lelystad
>The Netherlands
>tel +31-320-238543
>fax +31-320-238050
>email : gertjan.boender at wur.nl
>internet : www.asg.wur.nl
>
>Dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor geadresseerde. Het bericht kan
>vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten. Gebruik door derden of openbaarmaking
>van dit bericht zonder toestemming van ID-Lelystad is niet toegestaan. Als
>u dit bericht per abuis heeft ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te
>vernietigen en ons te informeren.
>This message is intended exclusively for the addressee. It may contain
>information that is confidential. Any use or publication of this e-mail
>message without permission of ID-Lelystad is not allowed. If you are not
>the intended recipient please notify us and destroy this message.

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com