Re: Plot of x=y^2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45075] Re: Plot of x=y^2
  • From: adam.smith at hillsdale.edu (Adam Smith)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:20:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The easiest way is to take advantage of Mathematica's ImplicitPlot[]
function.  See the help documentation for more info.  But after

In[1]:=
<< Graphics`ImplicitPlot`

In[2]:=
ImplicitPlot[x == y^2,{x,-10,10}]

Don't forget the double equal sign.  This is a common mistake to make
when beginning.

Adam Smith