Re: Solve Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45094] Re: Solve Function
  • From: "Mark Westwood [EPCC]" <markw at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:54:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greg

You might also want to take a look at the functions FindMinimum[],
FindMaximum[], NMinimize[], NMaximize[], Minimize[], Maximize[] and
LinearProgramming[].  They may not be any more powerful than Solve, but
for some tasks (eg Linear Programming) they provide more natural ways of
setting up problems.

Mark