Re: arXiv style sheet on Mac OSX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45173] Re: arXiv style sheet on Mac OSX
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:57:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

mark at markscoleman.com (Mark Coleman) wrote:

> I've been having trouble using the arXiv style sheet on a Mac running
> OSX 10.3 and Mathematica 5.0. After installation the style sheet and palette
> appears, and documents that I've created using this style sheet on a
> Windows system look ok, but I cannot get the palette to function
> properly. From what I can determine it cannot load a required package.
> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Possibly this is related to a problem I've been having with the AuthorTools palette that ships with Mathematica 5.0. Clicking on one of the buttons is supposed to open another palette that lets you easily access a group of related things. Currently, when I click on one of the buttons, I get a beep and a message stating the requested evaluator is not defined.

However, if I look at the definitions for the buttons and enter those directly into a frontend notebook, the second palette opens as it should with no error message. Also, I have used the AuthorTools sucessfully in the past. Clearly, something has changed in my setup. But, I use this particular palette so infrequently I've no idea what changed between now and the last time it was working correctly.

FWIW, I also run Mathematica 5.0 on a Mac running OSX 10.3
--
To reply via email subtract one hundred and nine