AW: Re: Politically incorrect response to Re: a bug in RealDigits? Mathematica 5.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45301] AW: [mg45286] Re: Politically incorrect response to Re: a bug in RealDigits? Mathematica 5.0
  • From: Klamser at t-online.de
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:22:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, of course are Mathematica programs hardware dependent, if they use the
processor arithmetic units. And there are differences, if you use a 16, 32
or 64 bit processor. or a 586, ppc or a xyz processor Mathematica runs on (...for 8
bit Mathematica was not implemented, as far as I know...).

If you define a arbitrary precision, Mathematica is not (so much...)
hardware depended.

Regards

Peter