RE: Re: Laplacian and curlcurl with maxwells eqn's

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45320] RE: [mg41836] Re: Laplacian and curlcurl with maxwells eqn's
  • From: Blimbaum Jerry DLPC <BlimbaumJE at ncsc.navy.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:14:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

First....happy holidays to all...I would like to sincerely thank all those
who give of their time and effort to help the rest of us with
Mathematica....Secondly, I want to make an additional comment on Hong Qin's
package besides it's use for Vector Analysis....basically for those who have
never written one (such as myself)...I found his package very instructive
and straight forward for learning how to write one's own package...something
else that this package answered for me, which I have been wondering about
for many years now, is how does one create a palette of symbols and then get
Mathematica to read those symbols correctly...again, this package shows
clearly how to do this with the commands MakeBoxes and MakeExpression,
etc.....his program creates a palette which includes the div, curl, grad,
etc. operators in their symbol form....for those who arent up on creating
palettes, etc. but want to find out how to do it,  I think his package is an
excellent reference for that also...

jerry blimbaum    NSWC  Panama City, fl