Re: Aligned GraphicsArray

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39242] Re: [mg39223] Aligned GraphicsArray
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:11:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The reason why the graphs seem to be non-aligned is that the tick labels are
of different length (i.e., the plots are aligned; it is the axes that are
not vertically aligned). Viz., 0.9 has three positions, whereas -0.5 has
four. Try, for example,

In[1]:=
plots = Table[Plot[Sin[i*x], {x, 1, Pi}, Ticks -> None],
Show[GraphicsArray[
    Partition[plots, 1], GraphicsSpacing -> {1, -0.1}]]

The axes are now aligned as you wish.

One way to deal with the problem is to redefine the ticks on the vertical
axes using strings instead of numbers so that all the tick labels have the
same length.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City