a first-time user question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39352] a first-time user question
- From: "Ye Hu" <huye at wharton.upenn.edu>
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:52:57 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Pennsylvania
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a simple (supposedly) question...
I used the following command to draw a plot, but Mathematica could not run
I know the problem is about calculating (-1)^(1/3) in mathematica. Although
(-1)^(1/3) = -1,
mathematica tries to calculate it numerically and gives complex results
How to solve this problem and restrict the solution to be only real numbers?
Thanks very much.
Prev by Date:
Linear and logarithmic fit
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Getting rid of the symbol -> after finding the root
Previous by thread:
Fwd: Linear and logarithmic fit
Next by thread:
Re: a first-time user question