a first-time user question

I have a simple (supposedly) question...

I used the following command to draw a plot, but Mathematica could not run
properly.

Plot[x^(2/3),{x,-1,0}]

I know the problem is about calculating (-1)^(1/3) in mathematica. Although
mathematica tries to calculate it numerically and gives complex results
0.5+0.8i
How to solve this problem and restrict the solution to be only real numbers?

Thanks very much.