Re: Shortcut to select cell?

In article <b0luqu$58s$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Kirk Reinholtz <kirk.reinholtz at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> You are in the midst of editing in a cell.  You decide you want to
> change the style of the cell (e.g. from text to small text).  There are
> the Alt- shortcuts, but those only seem to work when the cell itself is
> selected.

On a Macintosh, to change to style of a cell to style number n you use

   \[CommandKey]\[LeftModified]n\[RightModified]

If the cursor is inside the cell then you use

   \[OptionKey]\[CommandKey]\[LeftModified]n\[RightModified]

Under Windows, \[AltKey] replaces \[CommandKey] so I'd try

   \[OptionKey]\[AltKey]\[LeftModified]n\[RightModified]

Cheers,
Paul