Re: OT:Alternatives for Mathtype w OS X & WORD/Endnote?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39416] Re: OT:Alternatives for Mathtype w OS X & WORD/Endnote?
- From: "Joshua A. Solomon" <J.A.Solomon at city.ac.uk>
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:23:29 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Posted via ULCC Internet Services
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I don't think MathType equations can be edited in Word X's Equation Editor. js On 8/2/03 9:45 AM, in article b22jj6$5tj$1 at smc.vnet.net, "Selwyn Hollis" <selwynh at earthlink.net> wrote: > Ron, > > I'm kinda confused here, because Word X comes with a version of > MathType (i.e., Equation Editor), as usual, and it runs under OS X, not > Classic. > > Regards, > Selwyn Hollis > > > On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 03:08 AM, Ron Griffin wrote: > >> Sorry, but I thought maybe my fellow Mathematica users could help me. >> >> I'm writing a text using WORD, with Endnote plugin to handle references >> and bibliography, and with Mathtype plugin to handle equations. >> Mathtype also does automatic numbering of equations which is a great >> feature. >> >> I'd love to ditch Classic, but Mathtype is at least 6 months from a OS >> X >> version (according to their words, not mine). Of all my software, >> Mathtype is the only thing requiring OS 9, and these guys run such a >> small shop, I don't trust them to come thru. To my knowledge, I cannot >> write this text in Mathematica because of my dependence on Endnote. >> >> Are there Mac alteratives to Mathtype which also do equations well and >> interface with Word? >> Ron >> > >