Simplification of vector and scalar products
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39613] Simplification of vector and scalar products
- From: John Stokes <john at geomatics.kth.se>
- Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:41:52 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to simplify vector and scalar products as for instance
6 (a / 2) x b //Simplify
where a and b are assumed to be vectors and "x" is the vector product..
Simplify and FullSimplify do nothing, nor does the following command
6 (a / 2) x b /. p_ Cross[a_ / q_ , b_] => p Cross[a, b] / q
The simplification is only performed when explicit numbers are introduced:
6 (a / 2) x b /. 6 Cross[a_ / 2 , b_] => 6 Cross[a, b] / 2
thus giving the result
3 a x b
How do I proceed?
Prev by Date:
Domain of Sin[ArcSin[x]] ?
Next by Date:
Area Between Contours in ContourPlot
Previous by thread:
Re: Domain of Sin[ArcSin[x]] ?
Next by thread:
Re: Simplification of vector and scalar products