Re: Why Plot cannot run under package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39646] Re: Why Plot cannot run under package?
- From: "Roland Nilsson" <rolle at ifm.liu.se>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:28:27 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Island, Linkoping University, Sweden
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, now, I'm pretty new to Mathematica myself, but I had som similiar trouble with my first packages. The context handling is quite unintuitive at times (imho), so things like this tends to pop up... When you start a new package with > BeginPackage["Enhancements`DiscoverRoots1`"] Mathematica will alter your $ContextPath (only System` is accessible by default I think), so that Plot is not accessible. This is probably to avoid other strange name clashes. Your code line > Plot[CurveEquation[x], RootLocation, MaxBend -> 10, > PlotDivision -> 20]; thus will introduce a new symbol "Plot" in your package`Private` context, not refer to the Plot you want. To avoid this you must put the graphics package back on the $ContextPath by calling Needs on it in the package header. Hope this helps.