Re: visualizing Map, Thread, Apply, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39659] Re: [mg39621] visualizing Map, Thread, Apply, etc.
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:34:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The transition from "Resource Library" to "Information Center" has
caused quite a mess apparently. In addition to the animated demos of
Map, Thread, etc., a nice collection of tutorials has also disappeared.

What's more, the new organization of MathSource leave much to be
desired. Optimization and numerical methods in "Applied Mathematics"
along with business and economics (!)  while differential equations,
wavelets, approximation theory are under Calculus and Analysis? Someone
needs to talk to some applied mathematicians about what applied
mathematics means! (Maybe go to a SIAM meeting.) Even the section on
Mathematica Technology has certain packages in bizarre categories.

Sorry for the rant...

----
Selwyn Hollis