density plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39669] density plot
  • From: "Ming Hsu" <hsu at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:45:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi, I have a list of data with coordinates and intensity value, such as

I want to be able to listplot the first 2 elements of each row as the
coordinate on R^2, and the third as color of the coordinate.  I used
scatterplot3d and the result was not ideal.  I wrote my own function to get
the colors to work, but I figure there is probably some builtin function
that has better options and color scheme than the one I'm doing.  Is any
such one out there.

Thanks in advance,